To be displayed in Sign Update Magazine
We are recruiting for an experienced Graphic Designer to work for an established sign company in Stevenage, Hertfordshire. The company has over 20 years experience in the sign design industry, with an unrivalled approach to quality products, services and customer care.
The ideal candidate will have hands-on experience in the design background, preferably with brand creation, such as logos, signage, exhibition stands and vehicle livery. Seeing a brief through from conception to completion.
Excellent communication / interpersonal skills as the role is often client facing.
The Graphic Designer Role:
- Creating and designing, from scratch, briefs for clients for projects such as exhibitions, shop fascias and vehicle graphics.
- Extensive use of design packages.
- Quoting and working to tight deadlines.
- Managing clients expectations
- Understanding measurements, scales and DPI.
- Able to reorganise and juggle highly active lists of jobs with constantly changing statuses.
Required Skills and Experience:
- A strong knowledge of Coreldraw, Illustrator and Photoshop, and the ability to pick up different design packages.
- Digital Print Colour management.
- Client communication.
- A strong creative flair.
- Proof reading skills & good attention to detail.
- Prioritising jobs and working to tight deadlines.
- Previous experience with large format printers and/or cutting would be beneficial.
- Application/Installation experience preferable. Understanding of materials and fixings and/or keen to develop knowledge of these.
Salary: £18,000 - £25,000 depending on experience